Monday, May 10, 2010

music for twentyten

As social tools continue to evolve, the twentyten musicscape creates a landscape to learn by.

Here are a few tunes that have topped my playlists so far this year...

Jay Reatard (May 1, 1980 - Jan. 13, 2010) covers Nirvana
Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle [via brooklynvegan]

off Harlem's first Matador release Hippies
Friendly Ghost (album released in 2010, track released *gasp* 2009) [also via brooklynvegan]

You need good weather songs. Especially in New Mexico. Take Sleigh Bells' Ring Ring [thank you Stereogum] and jj's let go [via gorillavsbear]

Looking forward to hearing more from All Saint's Day (It'll Come Around)... it's a good thing I have the new MGMT to keep me satiated. It's Working and Siberian Breaks are especially not hurting my feelings.

Hope there is something here that you enjoy. :)

2 comments:

  1. Some good stuff here, Holly Rae. Really enjoy Friendly Ghost. Thanks for sharing that.

    Also nice to see someone else who thinks the new MGMT isn't so bad. It's growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. - Just added "Hippies" to my "save for later" list.

    ReplyDelete