Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Best Albums I Never Heard in 2011

It's nearly February and likely the time for lamenting 2011's missed opportunities is behind us. Still, I've never been one to move on quickly. And there were so many great albums I missed in 2011.

Below, in no particular order, are the albums I'm saddest that I missed before compiling my "Best of 2011" list.

The Naked and Famous - "Passive Me, Aggressive You"



Blind Pilot - "We Are the Tide"



Augustana - "Augustana"

Thank you, Joel Goodman. Seriously. I am in love with this album.



The Joy Formidable - "The Big Roar"

Everyone told me. Why didn't I listen?



Alaina

1 comment:

  1. I missed this the first time around, but I liked the Joy Formidible a lot more than I thought I would. I like Blind Pilot but their first album which I got into way belatedly is dear to me in a way that I haven't fallen for the new one yet.

    Augustana and I had a falling out when they ruined a Counting Crows show for me at Red Rocks some years back. But that "Boston" song is still cool.

    ReplyDelete